Beyond The Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Coral In Stock (Friday, April 25)
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 pm by CanadaCorals

» Coral In Stock (April, 11 2014)
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:05 pm by CanadaCorals

» Official Canada Corals Introduction
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:35 pm by CanadaCorals

» Looking for Bubble Tip Anemone
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 pm by Shannon *Admin*

» A big Welcome to our new Sponsor CANADA CORALS!!
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:14 pm by Shannon *Admin*

» Good News..
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:26 am by Shannon *Admin*

» BIG ALS MARCH 29-APRIL 4TH
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:04 am by Shannon *Admin*

» L.E.D Lighting
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:55 am by Shannon *Admin*

» ELEGANCE
Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 am by Shannon *Admin*

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

FACEBOOK LIKE BUTTON

Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups

4 posters

Go down

Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups Empty Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups

Post by 300gallonacrylic Sun May 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Here are a few pics of our most recent litter. It was a small litter(3 pups), but a beautiful combination of 2 beautiful dogue de bordeaux.

Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups Super_cute_pic1_ruby_flint_litter_2

Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups Ruby_flint_litter_2_weeks163

Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups Ruby_flint_litter_2_weeks041

Feel free to visit my website for more pics and info.

http://legrandrouge.tripod.com
300gallonacrylic
300gallonacrylic

Number of posts : 63
Tank Size- Gallons : 300gallon, display with 2 ocellaris clowns, 2 maroon clowns, foxface, kole tang, yellow tang, purple tang, orange shoulder tang, regal blue tang, asfur angelfish, green mandarin dragonette, tiger pistol shrimp & banded shrimpgoby, brittle starfish, 2 sally lightfoot crabs, 3 emerald crabs, lots of blue leg hermits, tons of snails, 3 rose BTA(just keeps splitting), 2 green BTA, 2 cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, about 600 lbs of live rock, frogspawn, some zoo's and some mushrooms. 4-175w metal halides(soon to be triple 400w halides), 4-96w power compact actinics, moonlights, 2-berlin skimmers and a instant ocean skimmer as well
Reefer Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups Empty Re: Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups

Post by 2Frosty4u Sun May 31, 2009 8:47 pm

Those are some cute looking puppies you have there. Wouldn't it be nice if they stayed that small.
2Frosty4u
2Frosty4u

Number of posts : 110
Tank Size- Gallons : 120g Reef, 35g fuge, 35g sump, 2X250W MH, 2X110W VHO actinic, Euroreef CS8-4 Skimmer, Blueline 100HD return pump, OM squirt 4 way closed loop.
75g Fowlr tied into reef system.
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups Empty Re: Off topic---showing off my litter of Dogue de Bordeaux pups

Post by 300gallonacrylic Sun May 31, 2009 8:56 pm

lol....you know how often I hear that. Cool

I am a HUGE fan of BIG dogs. I just love seeing these guys when they're like 150 lbs and solid as a rock Very Happy
300gallonacrylic
300gallonacrylic

Tank Size- Gallons : 300gallon, display with 2 ocellaris clowns, 2 maroon clowns, foxface, kole tang, yellow tang, purple tang, orange shoulder tang, regal blue tang, asfur angelfish, green mandarin dragonette, tiger pistol shrimp & banded shrimpgoby, brittle starfish, 2 sally lightfoot crabs, 3 emerald crabs, lots of blue leg hermits, tons of snails, 3 rose BTA(just keeps splitting), 2 green BTA, 2 cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, about 600 lbs of live rock, frogspawn, some zoo's and some mushrooms. 4-175w metal halides(soon to be triple 400w halides), 4-96w power compact actinics, moonlights, 2-berlin skimmers and a instant ocean skimmer as well

Back to top Go down

Post by PHYTO4LIFE Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm

They are nice I just bought a small dog lol would like a larger dog one day thou
PHYTO4LIFE
PHYTO4LIFE

Number of posts : 79
Tank Size- Gallons : 90G DT,30G sump
8-T5/4-20 000k/2-12 000K/2-blue&purple
2-lift sump's in-sump
2-power head's
3 dsb
70lbs LR
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon *Admin* Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 am

Hey 300..

They are gorgeous..I have a boxer...hmm..wonder if one of those little ones would make a good friend to mine?..
Shannon *Admin*
Shannon *Admin*
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 251
Tank Size- Gallons : 38g Display, 12g Nanocube, 8 Gallon nano, 28g JBJ HQI

29g Biocube - Feb 2/14
Registration date : 2008-11-24

https://beyondthereef.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 2Frosty4u Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:27 am

300gallonacrylic wrote:lol....you know how often I hear that. Cool

I am a HUGE fan of BIG dogs. I just love seeing these guys when they're like 150 lbs and solid as a rock Very Happy
When my wife and I first got married we picked up a pound puppy (at my wifes insistance) that was a cross between a German Sheppard and a Collie (aka Lassie) that was so small he fit in the palm of my hand. He then turned into a 125 pound monster...lol
After his passing we decided to go with a little smaller breed and got a Border Collie that we've had for 12 years now. The Border is reaching the range of expected life span and we've been discussing what we're going to do when he passes away and now we want to go even smaller. It seems as I get older my dogs are getting smaller.
2Frosty4u
2Frosty4u

Tank Size- Gallons : 120g Reef, 35g fuge, 35g sump, 2X250W MH, 2X110W VHO actinic, Euroreef CS8-4 Skimmer, Blueline 100HD return pump, OM squirt 4 way closed loop.

Back to top Go down

Post by 300gallonacrylic Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Shannon *Admin* wrote:Hey 300..

They are gorgeous..I have a boxer...hmm..wonder if one of those little ones would make a good friend to mine?..

Thanks Very Happy

Actually, people think the females look a lot like a boxer. We get that all the time. These dogs make a great companion to any animal/person, they have the greatest temperment for such a big dog. I just wouldn't recommend 2 males(they'll likely fight once they're mature). These guys take a lot of getting used to, with the slobber and all(the stuff literally flies when they shake their heads, you'll find it on your walls, on the ceiling....everywhere). The movie "Turner & Hooch" portrays this pretty accurately!!
300gallonacrylic
300gallonacrylic

Back to top Go down

Post by 300gallonacrylic Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:01 pm

2Frosty4u wrote:
300gallonacrylic wrote:lol....you know how often I hear that. Cool

When my wife and I first got married we picked up a pound puppy (at my wifes insistance) that was a cross between a German Sheppard and a Collie (aka Lassie) that was so small he fit in the palm of my hand. He then turned into a 125 pound monster...lol
After his passing we decided to go with a little smaller breed and got a Border Collie that we've had for 12 years now. The Border is reaching the range of expected life span and we've been discussing what we're going to do when he passes away and now we want to go even smaller. It seems as I get older my dogs are getting smaller.

There's nothing wrong with a pound puppy.....that's good that there are people out there that rescue these poor pound pups. I like border collies as well, they're VERY, VERY smart! I also have 2 rotti's that are "aging gracefully", one is 12 and the other will be 10 this year.

My first Dogue de Bordeaux was from a "not so reputable breeder", we had no intentions of breeding, got him from a buddy at work for $500 and had him neutered asap. He has a horrible temperment, and by the time he was a year old, he had SEVERE HIP DISPLAYSIA. As for his temperment, I mean, he's a great dog to us(well, my wife at least.....he's her "body guard", sometimes a little too much of one when he tries to keep me away from her), barks his head off at anyone he doesn't know or remember(his bark is far worse than his bite though, he'll take off away from you before you could get anywhere near him....he'll eventually warm up, but it takes a while).

We got into breeding after I got my 2nd bordeaux, we imported her from Hungary with the intentions of getting into showing and potentially breeding(pending on her health/temperment/quality, all of which were excellent). We bred her with imported semen from a male in Slovakia which produced 2 of our dogues we own, as well as the mother of another dogue we co-own(grand-daughter of our 2nd bordeaux). We've been into this breed now for over 6 years, and have just had our 2nd litter. We now have 4 bordeaux(2 of which we imported from Europe....Hungary, and Croatia), and co-own 2 more(and possibly 2 more will be co-owned from this latest litter).

Anyways, the point is, When I got my first Bordeaux, I WAS HOOKED!! I just fell in love with the breed, and can't see myself with another breed of dog(well, maybe an Olde English Bulldog....lol, I love them too), but who knows, maybe the more I age, the smaller my dog will be? I'm 31 now, so we'll see what happens when I hit 40......50..... Very Happy

WOW, what a novel I just wrote.....lol, ok, I'm done now Laughing
300gallonacrylic
300gallonacrylic

Back to top Go down

Post by 2Frosty4u Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:57 am

I have to give you credit. I cant begin to imagine the logistics of purchasing and importing an animal from Hungary into Canada. That really tells me how Hooked you actually are on Bordeaux's.
Our Border is a pure bred that we purchased from a reputable local breeder that specializes in working border collies for hearding purposes. He is as smart as a whip and the worlds biggest suck.
The main issue we have with our Border is the fact he hates the telephone!! If it rings, he losses it and barks like crazy. If you pick up the phone and start dialing and he hears the tones from each button push he comes running and dances around like he wants to bite and eat the reciever. Makes for a pita when people call and you have to appologize cause you cant here what their saying over the barking...lol
2Frosty4u
2Frosty4u

Back to top Go down

Post by 300gallonacrylic Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:30 am

2Frosty4u wrote:I have to give you credit. I cant begin to imagine the logistics of purchasing and importing an animal from Hungary into Canada. That really tells me how Hooked you actually are on Bordeaux's.
Our Border is a pure bred that we purchased from a reputable local breeder that specializes in working border collies for hearding purposes. He is as smart as a whip and the worlds biggest suck.
The main issue we have with our Border is the fact he hates the telephone!! If it rings, he losses it and barks like crazy. If you pick up the phone and start dialing and he hears the tones from each button push he comes running and dances around like he wants to bite and eat the reciever. Makes for a pita when people call and you have to appologize cause you cant here what their saying over the barking...lol

That is funny, he really hates the phone that much.....lol.....you guys must talk on the phone alot.....hahahahaha.....must be his way of telling you that you talk on the phone too much....lol

As for importing a dog in from Hungary, it's actually quite simple, you just pay for the dog with a wire transfer, they ship the dog via airplane, to your local airport, then you go pick it up, but you gotta bring extra cash with you....I learned that the hard way, when I first imported, I(luckily) brought cash with me(just in case), and customs charged me about $600 which I HAD to pay before I could take the dog home with me....It's easier if you're importing from the USA, cause you just get the dog shipped to the nearest airport to the border, but still on the US side, drive over and pick the dog up, and drive back across the border and VOILA, NO customs charges(well, you just have to make sure you don't tell customs that you just bought a dog and are bringing it back across, just tell them, you already had the dog with you when you came to the USA, or you're only bringing it over for a couple months). Now with the mandatory passport bull$hit, it's a bit more of a hassle, but still worth it.
300gallonacrylic
300gallonacrylic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down